Be-ad Mine Valentine?

The Tiny Funnel
Are you a romantic at Valentines time? I’m really not and instead have always liked Valentine’s Day as an excuse for a good word pun. Even though we don’t give Valentine cards at school anymore (too old for that) it doesn’t stop me from thinking of them. I have few that I’ve been mulling over- this is one of my favorites.
Be-ad mine?
Maybe it’s an excuse to make and wear a wooden bead necklace?


When it comes to school Valentines – or any mass making- I usually use a typed out saying and have my child write his name separately. We use to get the list waaaay in advance and spend several long (painful) afternoons carefully making and writing all the Valentines cards. And the dilemma of candy vs. no candy.
Enough of that.

You can buy all of the materials (beads, string and paint) for these simple bead Valentines at the craft store including the colored wooden beads.

Use a heavy duty string and a ”split” ring for the backpack zipper pull (or key chain).The Tiny Funnel
If you want custom colored beads, I recommend using a small dowel- or even better, a small paint brush handle to hold the bead while it's being painted. I started with a yellow bead as the base for the “gold” beads.

Use Stretch Magic (stretchy string) for the bracelet.

The Tiny Funnel

The Tiny FunnelAnd for the necklace- use a strong string and make sure to tie the length so that is slips easily over a child's head (made that mistake once at Halloween with too-small bat necklaces).

The Tiny Funnel

No comments :

Post a Comment