Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cool Off Necklaces

 
 
 

Materials:
Dry sponges cut into 1/2" squares (any small shape will do)
Embroidery needle
25" of .5mm Stretch Magic cord

Cut and thread a needle onto a 25" length of the Stretch Magic cord.
Thread 1/2" pieces of sponge onto the thread and tie the ends into a knot when it’s full.
Wet and ring the water out of the sponges then put the necklace in the freezer. Wait a little while (30 minutes or so).
 Take the necklace from the freezer and put it on-cool off!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I pinned this for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! My children would love these. I can't wait to give them a try. I am new to your blog, and I am looking forward to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent idea! It's so hot these days that it'll be great even for adults. I will feature and link back on my blog (www.beadinggem.com) so others can come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I was trying to think of something to make for my daughter who starts cheer practice tonight...outside and it's 105 in Texas!! I am going to make these for all her pulse points and keep them frozen! I love this idea! Thank you for sharing and I too will figure out how to link you to my blog. I'm really new and haven't figured it all out yet! God Bless You!!! :) SunShineJoyandSmiles@blogspot.com Michelle

    ReplyDelete