Easy Cupcake Wrapper Garland



I will confess -- I have a cupcake wrapper fetish. I have tons pretty cupcake wrappers left over from making Christmas wreaths for work a couple of years ago. They're stored in recycled plastic peanut butter containers, though I have one clear "display" container that makes me feel all swanky blogger -- but the truth is, I'm a little bit of a recycling nut and the rest of the loose crafty stuff -rubber bands, bull clips, washi tapes etc. get the same recycled container treatment (pom-poms in a large pretzel bucket!).

 





I needed an instant and cheap party decoration solution.
It's not that I'm lazy; I just don't have time to cut out individual circles, set up the sewing machine and sew them into those lovely garlands on Pinterest. So the cupcake wrapper garland is the answer today.





Initially, I flattened the whole cupcake wrapper and stuck 2 together, sandwiching the string in the middle. It looked okay- a little wonky and I might give that another try next week when I have more time but for now I'm showing you the folded over version.

Open the cupcake wrapper and flatten it with a bone folder (or even your hand).
Fold it in half then open in up again (could fold a bunch first before gluing them onto the string).
Apply glue stick to one half.
Line the string up with the fold; then fold the glue side down over and smooth it onto the other side.
Repeat and move along the string. 
*The only trick is that some cupcake wrappers have a little branding printed on them- if that matters to you- make sure it's on the "back" or all on the same side when you fold them over the string.
That's it.
Party on.




Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment