Felt Holiday Wreath

Tthe Tiny Funnel
Every pine wreath we've had on our door has dried to a brittle crisp needle losing mess within days of getting it - it gets too hot between our front door and the outside glass door so this year I decided to make a felt wreath that we can use for years to come.

This is an extremely easy craft but it is not for the faint of heart. It takes a bit of time to make it so-- sit down with the pot of tea or bottle of wine and binge watch Stranger Things for an evening to make this incredibly easy felt wreath.

Materials
White felt sheets or 1/2 yard of felt

12" Wreath box frame
Felt balls or pom-poms* Thread & needle


Optional: Rotary cutter

You can buy half yard of premium white felt on the bolt or just use sheets...it’s less expensive to buy the bolt felt.

I tried a lot of different ways to cut  felt ribbons. I even tried to make a ball of ribbon by cutting in a fancy one strip.

At the end of the day, I found that cutting strips with scissors or a rotary cutter is the easiest way to get what I needed for this project.

Just sit down and cut a lot of .5" wide strips.
 


You can cut long strips and then make them shorter or if you’re using felt sheets -just cut them into 9” strips (the width of the sheet).

Fold the strip in half.


Loop it around the wire on the wreath form and then thread the ends back through the loop to connect it to the wire.
 





Give it a GENTLE pull.



That’s it! Just do it over and over and over.



You could add pom-poms or wool balls*- I attached mine with white thread but glue would work too.


The Tiny Funnel
Add a red felt bow and you’re done!

*I bought this felt pom-pom necklace from the Paper Source a couple years ago and it was SO itchy—I never wore it. I set it aside thinking I’d do a craft with it someday. I couldn’t find it anywhere when I went to make this wreath. Luckily I found some felt pom-poms at Michael’s.


No comments :

Post a Comment