Sunday, January 22, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- When the oven reaches temperature, turn the oven off.
- Unwrap the tootsie rolls and place them opened on parchment covered pan flat pan.
- Put the pan in the oven for 2 minutes or until the rolls become pliable.
- Remove the pan and roll 2 tootsies roll together into a cone shape about 2.5”-3” inched long.
- Insert a stick pretzel into the wide end.
- Slightly curve the cones into chili pepper shapes.
- Place the pan into the fridge to stiffen the tootsie rolls.
- While the candies stiffen, melt the red and green chocolates according to the manufactures instructions in separate (clear) narrow containers (jam container, juice glass, and glass measuring cup).
- Remove the stiffened candies from the refrigerator.
- Use the pretzel handle to dip each tootsie roll cone into the red chocolate.
- Tap the chocolate covered tootsie on the edge of the glass to remove any excess chocolate.
- Place the candy on a parchment covered pan and allow the chocolate to harden.
- When the chocolate has hardened, snap the top edge off the pretzel so that only about .5” remains.
- Dip the top end in the green chocolate- adjust the top if necessary with a tooth pick.
- Allow the chocolate to set up completely (I propped them up on a chopstick).